A hallmark of Creole cuisine, this seafood, meat and vegie-based rice dish varies from cook to cook. Try our version and see what you think.
The ingredient of Jambalaya
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 (about 800g) green tiger prawns, peeled desertion heads and tails intact, deveined
- 4 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced transversely
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, diagonally sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 open green chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 400g (2 cups) basmati rice
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 625ml (2 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid gathering
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon open thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Jambalaya
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan over high heat. mount up the prawns and cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until prawns curl and amend colour. Transfer to a plate. grow the chorizo to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate.
- accumulate the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. increase be credited with the celery, capsicums, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until celery is just tender. build up chorizo and rice and move around to coat the rice in onion mixture. mount up the tomato and toss around to combine. mount up the stock, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, bay leaf and thyme. Bring to the boil. cut heat to low and cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until almost all of the liquid is absorbed. sever from heat. Arrange the prawns greater than the rice mixture. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes to rest.
- Divide among serving plates. Top taking into account bearing in mind parsley to serve.
Nutritions of JambalayafatContent: 349.418 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 44 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein
sodiumContent: 134 milligrams cholesterol