Looking for interesting, healthy ways to lump your vegie intake? direct this hearty beef and red wine casserole - its full of mushrooms, carrots and potatoes.
The ingredient of Beef and red wine casserole
- 1kg beef chuck steak
- 1/3 cup seasoned plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 1/4 cups Massel beef heap
- 12 pickling onions, peeled
- 500g carrots
- 250g button mushrooms
- 400g chat potatoes, halved
The instruction how to make Beef and red wine casserole
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Cut 1kg chuck steak, into 2.5cm pieces and dust similar to 1/3 cup seasoned plain flour. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a stoveproof and ovenproof dish more than medium-high heat. Cook meat in 4 batches, adding oil if needed. Remove all meat from pan.
- buildup heat to high. amass 1 cup red wine. Bring to boil, scraping base of pan to separate sediment. mount up 1 1/4 cups beef stock. Bring to the boil. sever from heat.
- accumulate 12 pickling onions, peeled, 500g carrots, cut into 4cm pieces, 250g button mushrooms and 400g chat potatoes, halved. Return the beef to the pan. Toss until combined. Bake for 2 hours or until the meat is tender. bolster behind crusty bread.
Nutritions of Beef and red wine casserolefatContent: 656.055 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 19 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 58 grams protein
sodiumContent: 155 milligrams cholesterol